Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tidbits

I got an it-hurts-so-bad-that-it-is-so-good neck and back massage last night.  I intended for it to last only thirty minutes, but before I knew it I'd conceded to extend it to an hour.  The woman found a ton of knots and attacked it with gusto.  Apparently I carry all of my tension in my neck, shoulders and upper back.  Gee, who would've thought.  At one point as she discovered a huge patch of problem, she asked me with concern if I slept well at night, since the knots clearly blocked my qi (or some such theory).  I admitted that recently, I hadn't.  It may all be in my head, but after my mind-melting and muscle-drubbing massage, I slept better last night than I have in a while.  I'm so glad I went, and can only blame myself for not having gone earlier.  I think from now on I'm going to go once a month, and consider the massage as part of my workout routine.  It costs sooo much less than the personal trainer package Pure was trying to sell me, and I'd argue it makes me feel about 10x better.

Stumbled on this interesting article on high rent and tight space: Cramped Urban Living.  Personally I don't think I could bother to go to the trouble of putting my bed up or pulling my shelves aside to reveal my bathroom, but it's cool nonetheless.  Make sure to check out the video; a lot of these streets and scenes are what I see on a daily basis!

 In other fun news, it might be the feeling of summer, or the (too much) time I spend trolling blogs and fashion websites, but I've splurged on a few items recently.  The recent purchases:

I find it really inspiring that the founder and creator of this line of bags (Mischa) started her own business based on her love of Japanese prints and textiles.  It's wonderful when a passion or a hobby can become your work, isn't it?  I just love the color, the interlocking print, and the feel and weight of this bag.  It didn't hurt that the item was 30% discounted (unknown to me when I stepped in to "browse").  I do love when that happens.

Turquoise inside and out, with two side pockets, trimmed in a bronze metallic leather
I wanted to buy these shoes in a more subtle, neutral color, like gold, black or beige, but decided that the peachy pink would still go with plenty of outfits.  The crystals on these are something else - super shiny and definitely catches the eye!
Some sparkly dangly earrings that I thought were rather pretty:


1 comment: